1415 1st Ave W, Suite 2000,

Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8


Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 12:00 pm 
1:00 pm – 4:00pm


1415 1st Ave W, Suite 2000,
Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8

Your Health Card

Need a Doctor?

The Physicians of the Owen Sound Medical Associates and the Georgian Bay Practice Associates
are not currently accepting new patients at this time. 

Obtaining a doctor at our office:

You must register on Health Care Connect (1-800-445-1822).

This is a program that helps you find a doctor or nurse practitioner if you don’t have one.

You can only change family health care providers after you leave your current family health care provider and are no longer on their patient list.

Once you are on this list, when our doctors are accepting patients, they are taken from the registered applicants given to our office from Health Care Connect.

If you do not have a doctor:

If it is an Emergency call 911

For all other medical needs go to your nearest Walk-in-clinic or Emergency Room.

For Mental Health Crisis : Call the Mental Health Crisis Line of Grey Bruce at 1-877-470-5200. This line is staffed by trained volunteers, and is available to help serve people in distress or crisis. Staff are available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

Mental Health Resources for Grey Bruce

Your Health Card

Please bring your valid health card with you to every appointment. You will be asked to present
it when checking in with our receptionist.

What if my health card is lost or stolen?

If your health card is lost, stolen or damaged please call the Service Ontario INFOline at 1-866-532-3161.

What if I've moved or changed my name?

You are required by law to inform the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care if you change your address.  If your address has changed, visit or call your local OHIP office or Service Ontario sites.  Please refer to the ministry website at http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/address.aspx for more options.

If the information shown on your health card has changed (e.g., change of name) you can visit your local Service Ontario Site.

What do I do when my health card expires?

When your health card expires you will need to visit Service Ontario to have your card updated.  When you receive your new card please bring it to your next visit so that the receptionist can update your information in our medical records.

Helpful Links & Additional Information